Stop Mould Dead in its Tracks with Professional Mould Remediation
Where Can Mould Develop?
Any chronically damp area inside your home is at risk. Mould often appears after major leaks or flooding, but can also develop as a result of excess humidity from everyday things like cooking and showering. Mould grows on porous surfaces like wood, drywall, and insulation and reproduces through spores that are carried in the air.
How to Identify a Mould ProblemIn most cases, mould is easy to spot by its smell and the visual signs of mildew. But not all mould is visible. Mould can often take hold deep inside the walls, ceiling and floor tiles, or underneath carpets and underlay.
Mould and Your HealthDaily exposure to mould may result in some of the following health issues:
- Chest and/or nasal congestion
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Dry, irritated throat
- Eye irritation
- Rashes or other signs of skin irritation
Safe Mould RemovalCertain strains of mould can be toxic to humans and should only be cleaned up by professionals like the experts at A&M Abatement Services. Professional mould remediation addresses large scale infestations and prevents regrowth.
Preventing Mould RegrowthPreventing regrowth is an important part of any mould remediation plan. The most common causes of mould are excess moisture and poor ventilation. Prevent mould from spreading by checking for the following in your home:
- Damp spots — Check for damp spots throughout your home and address any leaks you find immediately.
- Turn on the fans — The exhaust fans in both your kitchen and your bathroom can help remove excess moisture from the air.
- Vent — Make sure that your exhaust fans, and the dryer line, is properly venting to the outside and not simply blowing the air into your walls.
- Tight seal — In areas prone to a lot of exposure to water, like your kitchen and bathroom, make sure that seals are tight so water can’t seep into the walls or floor.
- Dehumidify — The humidity in your home should range from about 30 – 50%, anything more than that and mould can become an issue.
- Clean — Keep your water holding appliances like de-humidifiers and air conditioners, clean and disinfect regularly.
For professional mould removal and remediation, contact the professionals at A&M Abatement Services in Edmonton. We have the expertise needed to properly dispose of all sorts of hazardous materials like asbestos, mould, lead, mercury and more. Contact us today for a free estimate!